Monday, July 11, 2011

Adventures in Cooking

Kris and I cook a lot.  We try to cook at least three times a week.  I was thinking about sharing our adventures here.  The other morning we made some really awesome biscuits and gravy... I have a pretty blurry photo.  We're new at taking food photos, so bear with us.

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Sorry for the bad photo.  I got the biscuit recipe out of Cook's Country.  They have cake flour, regular flour, and cream cheese.  They are amazing, we love them.  Plus, I get to pretend I'm back in ceramics class when I kneed the dough.  Kris normally handles the gravy and I make the biscuits, we make a good team.


Buffalo and Brie Burgers

This picture is better, thank you to Kris' iphone.  These are made with buffalo from the Oklahoma Food Coop (YUM), brie, and pickled onions (minus the onions on mine).  On the side, we made a tomato and mozzarella salad with pineapple basil from our backyard, and topped with fig balsamic vinaigrette.  Which, despite the name pineapple basil is spicy but good.  We took the recipe from Graham Elliot, in the recent magazine, MasterChef (which Kris is obsessed about), and tweaked it for us.  These were awesome!

No comments: