Monday, June 08, 2009

Dresses, dresses

I did go dress shopping at three places.

My first appointment was at 11:30 at JJ Kelly the high end store. The customer service was awesome. Except, I could only afford to try on sale Monique Lhuillier dresses, etc. with stains or something wrong, and then they would have to be greatly altered. Then my next stop was Bella Rose, where they claim to have affordable indulgence or something like that... Their dresses were definitely more in my price range. Although they did made you put the dresses on yourself, which is no easy task, and they were really nice and helpful. Then just to be on the safe side we went to the Walmart of bridal stores, yes, David's Bridal and it was awful. I felt like I was a lab rat, and that's all there is to it. Although they did have the cheapest dresses, they only had one with sleeves and lace they called the jenna bush dress and my mom vetoed it upon hearing the name.

The dress I decided on was actually not quite what I was expecting, but you never know until you try it on, and it was at Bella Rose. Its an Enzoani gown, reasonably priced in my range and stunning on. The bridesmaid dresses I think are going to be vintage silver taffeta by Mori Lee.

No comments: