Sunday, April 08, 2012

Don't let the bed bugs bite! Part Deux

Yay!  Pretty confident we don't have bed bugs in the house!!!!  (doing the we dont have bedbugs dance, which is super cheesy).  I'm super relieved, but taking extra precautions when coming home from school.  I make sure to wear only clothes that can go in the dryer right when I get home for 20 minutes, and I bring nothing home that has been in my classroom.  They have sprayed the school multiple times, but I'm not taking any chances.  Better safe, than sorry.

-

We are in the process of buying a house!  Just had the inspection, besides termites, its in pretty good shape. All that we asked to be fixed, will be fixed, and our closing date is April 30th!  Now, I feel like I can talk about it without jinxing it!  It was built in 1963, and the lady we are buying it from is the original owner.  We wanted a house that was move-in ready, but needed updates.  This house fits the bill perfectly.  Most of the houses we had gone to look at that had been updated, weren't updated to our liking or were out of our price range.  This way, we can do it ourselves over time, in our style.

Here's the front...

Here's the backyard, which is amazing.  Though we will want to put a privacy fence in.


The other thing we wanted was a big kitchen.  We cook together almost every time we cook, and our kitchen now is way too small for that.  We can't wait to use the bigger kitchen.


I've already been boxing up things and packing, Kris thinks I'm crazy, I think the more I pack now, the less we pack later.  Yay, I'm excited about our new adventure!

No comments: