Friday, February 19, 2010

How would you like your steak?

So, I had this really weird dream that I was at a restaurant and ordered a steak medium-rare.  They brought me a rare steak, so I had them take it back.  When they brought it back, the same small rare steak was there, but there was a giant even rarer steak on top of the other one.  And, the waiter proudly claimed that it was perfect they just barely touched it on the grill both sides.  Like tuna.  So, I sent the steak back again, saying MEDIUM-RARE, or even medium.  When the steak came back for the third time, it was well-done.  I have no idea what this means.  I looked up meat meanings, but rare and well-done have opposite meanings.
-
On a completely different note, and on to what this blog is supposed to be about.

Weddings!

Went to the florist, yikes! Flowers are expensive, but gorgeous.  So, I guess I get to throw some figures at my Mom.  Good thing the groom's side is supposed to pay for mine and the corsages...traditionally.  I've decided I want a pink hand tied garden rose bouquet.  And, the bridesmaids will have pink roses and pink ranuculus with green in the middle.  And, maybe green mum pomanders for the flower girls, or baskets which are $10 cheaper...

Also, last night I booked our flights to Sacramento, and got a rental car!  We are going to take the long route to Healdsburg, but the less trafficky way.  My friend's brother goes to wine country all the time, recommended this, and I researched on the internet, 'tis true.  Today, I called the B&B Camellia Inn, and reserved our room for under a $200 a night!  Which, is really good in Wine Country.  Its the cheapest I found, plus they have wine and cheese in the afternoon and breakfast in the morning.  Definitely more my style, than Kris', but Kris' style was $400 a night, so too bad.  There's that, the scary part is, I put it all on my credit card, which will hopefully get paid off in 3 months, yikes!

I also ordered my bridesmaid gifts...
I have ordered my invitations!
And, I have my dress, altered and everything.

Left on the list...

Groomsmen
Cheeses
Booze
Cheesy slideshow
picking out some music both ceremony and reception

is that it? hmm...

No comments: